Kindergarten Language Arts Skill Builders
Phonics Practice - CCSS RF.K.2, RF.K.3
Links verified on 05/13/2016
- Exercises and Games with Audio
- Alphabet Antics- Choose a level and then click on the letter
that matches the sound that is said.
Sound - Listen to the word and type in the letter of the beginning
sound. Click the levers to control the pictures.
- Blending Bowl - Football players blend beginning sounds and
ending sounds together to produce the word. See if you can figure out
the word before the two collide!
- Chicken Coop - Play in the "Chicken Coop" and practice phoneme
matching. Pick a picture that begins with the same sound provided.
- Clifford's Make a Word Activity - Find the vowel that fits each
word and then continue to make as many new words that you can.
- CVC Pop
- Listen to the word being said and pop the bubbles that correctly
match the word being said.
- Dositey - Two levels of phonics interactive activities.
- Fishing for Phonics - Select a level to begin. Find the missing
beginning or ending sound and drag the card into the missing space.
Lion Ears - Listen to the word and fill in the blank with the missing
- Gus and Inky's Underwater Adventure Chapter 1 - Help Gus with
- Lanolin's Greenhouse - Click on the object that begins with
the letter being replaced to form a new word.
Pop - Similar to CVC Pop. Listen to the phoneme being said and pop
the bubbles that correctly match the the phoneme being said.
Fighter - Click on the picture that starts with the letter shown.
- Poem Pack - Ten colorful poems with animation, audio and activities.
Activities for each poem include Hear it, Read it, Sound Search and
Find the Word concentrating on vowel blends.
- Students hear a word and "pounce" on the word that matches the word
that was said.
- Pumpkin Patch - Click on the object that matches the new phoneme
without the beginning letter sound. Excellent practice for students
that have a hard time hearing individual phonemic parts!
- The Hay Loft - Click on the object that matches the sounds made.
- The Pig Waller - Practice phoneme blending. Click on the object
that matches the sound Orson the pig says.
- Word Blender - Help Wordblender by choosing the start and end
sounds for each word. This activity can be adjusted for three learning
- Write a Postcard - Help Salty Sam with his vowels. In the first
sentence, click on the focus phonemes. When you have got them all right,
the next sentence appears but this time there are gaps in the words.
Drag the vowel phoneme with the correct spelling into the gap in the
- Exercises and Games without Audio
- Construct-A-Word - Combine letters to make words on the list. Choose the ending letters and then choose beginning letters to make words.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.