Reading Comprehension Tests
Links verified on 3/20/2012
- A Special Christmas Present - Read the text on the left and answer the questions.
- Causes of Floods - Read the text on the left and answer ten questions.
- The Effects of Stress - Read the text on the left and answer nine questions.
- From Carrots to Renovations: How I Spent $10,000 without Really Trying - Read the text on the left and answer five questions.
- Online Reading Passages with Exercises - online activities including comprehension, filling in the gap and recreating a story at levels basic to advanced. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- The Positive Effects on Children of Owning a Dog - Read the text on the left and answer the questions.
- Practicing reading comprehension skills - Bees | The Happy Monkey
- Reading Comprehension Corner - [grade 3 and above] Students choose a reading passage, then read and answer critical thinking questions that can be checked on the computer. Reading passages and questions are designed to reflect what students may encounter on state mandated standardized tests; from Mr. Nussbaum
- Reading Comprehension Passages on Health - Read articles, online interactive quizzes.
- Reading the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- SQ3R Reading - [ten multiple-choice questions] lab activity to practice the SQ3R method of reading
- Two Sisters and a Cat - Read the text on the left and answer the questions.
- Why People Get Tattoos - Read the text on the left and answer nine questions.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print