Links checked 5-28-2014
- Discipline Help - A discipline model for handling over one hundred different misbehaviors.
- Discipline for Young Children - Responding to Misbehavior
- Effective Child Discipline - . How do you get your children to mind without losing yours?
- Family Fun - This magazine from Disney has tips on raising kids.
- 4 Types of Parenting Styles - Researchers have discovered four types of parenting styles. These different styles are dependent on what the parent feels the child needs from them. As a result, each parenting style uses a different approach to discipline.
- Positive Discipline - Yes, they want to sell you a book. But, they also offer some free suggestions that are worthwhile.
- Positive Discipline:A Guide for Parents - children don’t come with directions and don’t always respond or behave the way you want them to. Sometimes, just when you think you have figured things out, your child moves into a new stage of development and what worked before doesn’t work anymore. The new
stage brings you new joys and challenges.
- Parenting Tips to Stop the Yelling and Better Discipline Kids - Harsh verbal discipline can be devastating to young teenagers. And it doesn’t take much. Even in otherwise loving homes, yelling, cursing or insults can have many of the same effects as hitting and can lead to depression, anxiety and low self-esteem.
- Seven Tips for Practicing Positive Discipline - Here are seven tips that will set you on the path to better behavior—and a stronger, more peaceful connection with your child.
- Top 6 Child Discipline Techniques to Try - Child experts indicate that there are some common basics of effective discipline
- Twenty Alternatives to Punishment - From the Aware Parenting Institute
For more on this topic, visit our Character Education Resources. These are mainly for classroom use, but will help you in understanding different issues your child may be facing.