Family Life Resources
- Parents Guide to the Internet - Good introductory on topic; is intended to help parents--regardless of their level of technological know-how--make use of the on-line world as an important educational tool. The guide gives parents an introduction to the Internet and suggests how parents can allow their children to tap into the wonders of the Internet while safeguarding them from its potential hazards.
- Partnership in Parenting - Articles to Help you Master Parenting Skills
- Self Determination - Suggestions from the University of Washington
- Bibliotherapy - The use of books to help children experiencing difficult times.
- Family Education - Offers help for parents of children from age 0 to age 18.
- Family Fun for Summer - Crafts, backyard activities, recipes, print outs and more!
- Family Summer Fun - Summer safety tips and safety links
- Helpful Tips for Parents and Caregivers of Elementary School Students
- Including Your Child - All children can succeed with the right supports. And when you are raising a child with special needs, finding the right supports and information can make all the difference in your child's learning and development.
- Kidsource - Articles and information that will help you raise your child from 6 to 18 years old.
- Listen Up! - A site for the parents of hearing impaired children.
- Museums and Learning - A guide for family visits.
Planning for the Future
- Funding Your Education - Provides general information about the U.S. Department of Education's federal student financial aid programs. It is designed for high school students and others considering entering a post secondary school for the first time.
- Getting Ready for College Early - A`guidebook to help you and your children understand the steps you need to take during the middle and junior high school years to get ready for college.
- How can parents help students make life and work decisions after high school?
- Preparing Your Child for College - It's never too early to think about college--about the benefits of a college education and about ways to put college within reach academically and financially. Throughout their school years, students make academic and other decisions that affect whether they will be eligible to enter college. You working with others can help your child make these decisions wisely.