Links verified 3/17/2011
- Compound Machine - answer a series of questions which require the selection of the most appropriate simple machine
- Design and Test - This project simulates the Design and Test process through the development of a virtual paint ball catapult. The student must build catapults capable of performing a variety of tasks, stay within the allotted budget, and interpret test results to fine tune their design.
- Dirtmeisters Science Reporters - Hello, science reporters! I challenge you to learn about the six types of simple machines
- Eureka: The Lever - a YouTube video
- Gadget Anatomy - Which elements of machines do you see in each gadget?
- Lever - attach a new mass piece or put it to another place with pressed mouse button
- Levers: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class levers - transparency master
- Machines Make Life Easier - a set of activities about simple machines [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Move Our Principal - Students learn about the six simple machines then use their knowledge to assist their principal.
- Pulley Systems - high quality transparency master
- Rube Goldberg Machines - a simple machines PowerPoint show by Matt Aufman and Steve Case, University of Mississippi [23 slides]
- Simple Machines - Each one makes work easier to do by providing some trade-off between the force applied and the distance over which the force is applied. (lots of great pictures and a link to a game)
- Simple Machines - An excellent overview from the Franklin Institute On-Line
- Simple Machines - a 21 slide show posted by Mike McKee of UCF
- Simple Machines Activities - Learn about simple and compound machines while you explore the House and Tool Shed at E-Heads!
- Simple Machine Column Match - Repeat this activity several times. You'll get new matches each time. (from Quia)
- Simple Machines Made Simple - an introduction to the six simple machines
- Simple Machines Matchup - from Quia
- Simple Machines - from Quia
- Simple Machines - fill in the blank with the answer that best completes the statement
- Simple Machines game from Harcourt Schools Publishers
- Simple Machines - a matching game and a concentration game
- Simple & Compound Machines - a Quia quiz
- Simple Machines - Pictures and explanation about simple machines.
- Simple Machines Webquest - for Third Grade [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Simple Machines Webquest - from Thinkquest.
- The Six Simple Machines - a 26 slide show with good examples and illustrations [Caution: the movie file is not included thus slide 26 does not work]
- Sunken Millions - a Simple Machines review game
- Work and Simple Machines - a 47 slide show with practice questions
- More simple machine information can be found on the Physics page of Internet4Classrooms.
- Physical Science Standards Resources - K | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print