Links verified 7/23/2015
- Compound Machine - answer a series of questions which require the selection of the most appropriate simple machine
- Dirtmeisters Science Reporters - Hello, science reporters! I challenge you to learn about the six types of simple machines
- Gadget Anatomy - Which elements of machines do you see in each gadget?
- Lever - attach a new mass piece or put it to another place with pressed mouse button
- Levers: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class levers - transparency master
- Move Our Principal - Students learn about the six simple machines then use their knowledge to assist their principal.
- An Overview of Simple Machines - produced by a student at a youth center summer science program (Good job Marcus!)
- Pulley Systems - high quality transparency master
- Rube Goldberg Machines - a simple machines PowerPoint show by Matt Aufman and Steve Case, University of Mississippi [23 slides] [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Simple Machines - Each one makes work easier to do by providing some trade-off between the force applied and the distance over which the force is applied. (lots of great pictures and a link to a game)
- Simple Machines - An excellent overview from the Franklin Institute On-Line [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Simple Machines Activities - Learn about simple and compound machines while you explore the House and Tool Shed at E-Heads!
- Simple Machine Column Match - [designed for grade 3] Repeat this activity several times. You'll get new matches each time. (from Quia)
- Simple Machines Made Simple - an introduction to the six simple machines
- Simple Machines Matchup - [designed for grade 3] from Quia
- Simple Machines - [designed for grade 3] from Quia
- Simple Machines - fill in the blank with the answer that best completes the statement
- Simple Machines game from Harcourt Schools Publishers
- Simple Machines - a matching game and a concentration game
- Simple & Compound Machines - a Quia quiz
- The Six Simple Machines - a 26 slide show with good examples and illustrations [Caution: the movie file is not included thus slide 26 does not work]
- Sunken Millions - a Simple Machines review game
- Work and Simple Machines - a 47 slide show with practice questions
- More simple machine information can be found on the Physics page of Internet4Classrooms.
- Physical Science Standards Resources - K | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print